Tuesday 28 August 2012

Rest and Be Thankful

Across the road there is a driveway bordered by some rather nice Azalea's which has a sign - "Rest and Be Thankful". Sounded like a good idea to me and for the first few months after we had moved to the paddock I did a fair bit of that. My day was get the kiddies up to the school bus (the top of our driveway), rest and be thankful, pick the kiddies up from the school bus.

 One day, a man wandered down that driveway and introduced himself. Turned out to be gardening guru Colin Campbell. We had the first of many brief chats about this, that and the other and it was always a delight to bump into Colin - it was a bit like seeing an echidna or a particularly nice water dragon. He was a real charmer and blended in with the natural world extremely well.

Colin was one of those sorts of people you just imagine always being there and it was a real shock when he died last week. Even though my meetings with Colin were brief, I will miss not seeing him.
Rest in Peace, Colin - I'm thankful I met you

No comments:

Post a Comment