Monday 15 October 2012

On the Kindle - Morag Joss

I'm a sucker for a prize winning author, so I thought I'd give Morag Joss a go. If Morag comes to the Cubby House, she can have pick of the china cabinet from me. What a ripper of a book. I really don't want to tell you anything of the story - you can't without spoiling it. I'll just say it's a story within a story with some cryptic letters tossed in. Don't panic if you are initially confused about what's going on - it will fall into place nicely. It is a morality tale told extremely well. The author certainly knows how to put words together to form some terrific sentences. Some loose ends are left loose which usually ticks me off, but in this case it works. Mind you, the Responsible Adult would call this 'a cheery little tale' so don't be looking for laughs and giggles along the way. Here's your quote:

"Hereafter, I would have no story, only a dishonoured past. An what else could I do then but begin to learn what it is to be dead before I actually was?"  

No comments:

Post a Comment