Saturday 1 September 2012

I read the news today, oh boy


Ahh.......Saturday arvo. The Responsible Adult buys me the Weekend Australian of a Saturday. Mainly so I can go all grumpy old man and whinge that it's all Right Wing commentary instead of news. Anyway, here's the bits I saw with my grumpy old man eyes.

Seems people aren't happy with Can-do. Don't blame me, I didn't vote for him. I know the ALP were a bit on the nose, but every time I go to Bris-vegas, there's either another highway up in the sky or under the ground. The man was obviously totally obsessed with cars. I prefer pollies who are more interested in humans.

Gerry Harvey hasn't made as much money this year as last year. Well, Gerry, you may have put a few punters off by asking the Government to charge GST on imported goods with a value less than $1,000. If you had actually thought about it, then you might have asked the Government to not charge GST on Australian bought goods under $1,000. The Government would still have told you to nick off, but your plan involved consumers paying more. My plan involved consumers paying less.

Apple are suing Google, or Samsung or somebody - I can't keep up. Can you remember the good old days when Apple were innovators of great products? Now it seems their focus is on litigation rather than innovation.

I could go on, but have satisfied my inner grump.

So why the picture of the woodshed? - just to remind me that while the outside is pretty there is a big old mess inside that needs cleaning out. But in the meantime, there is a rather nice Clancy's Shiraz just been opened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment