Sunday 2 September 2012

Volunteering

Maleny Neighbourhood Centre
Volunteering is something I've been doing for a long time. Not sure why. You get to meet a lot of people, feel like you're helping out.  The main thing I've learned over the years is to avoid committees - so these days I just look to do tasks.

Anyway I come into the Neighbourhood Centre on Mondays and Wednesdays. Started doing some IT work for them about a year ago, but then their cleaner left. It seemed to me that a good way for me to help them save a dollar was to take on the cleaning. So I do that twice a week and still play with a bit of IT. 

I've been hanging round with these guys on and off for about 15 years. Their purpose in life is helping people. Not a bad ambition. Anyway, here's an old pick I found in the office where we got the funding for the lovely building I now get to clean twice a week.
Howard, Carolyn, Anna and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment