Thursday 20 September 2012

Is it a conspiracy??

Yesterday was one of THOSE days. I try to avoid THOSE days, but they sometimes happen. Couldn't find a square. I have two that I inherited from Big Daddy but could not find one of them. Immediately blamed this on My Youngest who recently, under threat of torture, revealed that the secret location of my cordless drill was in the boot of his car. Then I took the trailer that Good Mate had lent me to get some sand, gravel and cement. As the load went in, the tyres went rather flat. Blamed this on Good Mate who surely should have checked the tyres before lending out his trailer. Then Responsible Adult turned up. She had irresponsibly left her lunch at home so I cooked her crispy bacon and eggy bread thus loosing valuable minutes away from concreting. I tell you, they're out to get me.
But, then again, the squares could have been mislaid by, well, me. The tool shed does need a good tidy up. I guess the Good Mate is not known for putting heavy loads in the trailer, so perhaps I could have checked the tyres first. And, it is always a pleasure to cook for Responsible Adult as she is my sweetie. So perhaps best to calm down and just proceed around or over those little irritable obstacles and get through the day one step at a time.
Just keep in mind that at 5pm, the cork will be out of the bottle of a nice Shiraz.

No comments:

Post a Comment