Saturday 29 September 2012

Mulberry Season

 Mulberry Season has happened at the house paddock. There is now a 2 week window of opportunity to get as many Mulberries as I can - then the tree will grow like crazy and can only be controlled by hard pruning four times a day. Don't ever be tempted to buy a Mulberry tree. If you want one, just cut a bit off mine and stick it in the ground. You will have a tree in no time. Caring for your Mulberry tree is easy. Ignore it. I have found five uses for the Mulberry tree. Jam, Pie, feeding the Dear Little Chaps silkworms, tempting the cow to the bails (cows love Mulberry leaves) and mulch, mulch, mulch.
I know what's worrying you - what about the evil dicky birds knocking off your fruit? - you ask. Don't worry. For some reason they only knock off the fruit that grows above my head height. This means, I don't need a step ladder to fall off and there are plenty of Mulberries at my height to feed the humans. Now that my first harvest is in, will it be jam or pie?

No comments:

Post a Comment