Monday 17 September 2012

Wahoo it's raining

It's been particularly dry the last few weeks which is great for Paddock Workers AND Responsible Adults. Paddock Workers get to pull out weeds and Responsible Adults can work on their tan - a real win/win situation. But even the Responsible Adult started commenting on the lack of green in the grass so I commenced on the secret Paddock Workers rain dancing.
Your starting point is car washing. Usually you only have to wash one car and the rain will come. This time, we had our Youngest wash both our cars, and his, then get his BFF around to wash his car too. None of those worked. So I said in a loud voice that I was going to mow and actually mowed all paddocks. Still no rain. Then I started digging holes to cement posts - didn't do it. Finally I made arrangements to borrow the Good Mates trailer so I could get some sand, gravel and cement. THAT did the trick. It's raining and I can't mix concrete in the rain. Wahoo!!!
I'm taking the Responsible Adult out for breakfast (and perhaps dropping into Bunnings while we're out)

No comments:

Post a Comment