Wednesday 12 September 2012

Well, well, well - 3 holes in the ground

Having moved the timber around the paddock (and increased the size of my manly muscles) its time dig some holes. These three likely looking holes were a breeze. Digging in nice soft red top soil with a crow bar and shovel is easy peasy. These 3 posts will finish the front fence at the house paddock. A job that I started about 10 years ago and never got round to finishing. It will soon be off the bucket list.

                                                                   
Not so easy digging at La Studio. The site had already been excavated to a depth of about a metre, so I'm digging in subsoil. The fossilised velociraptor bones are pretty jarring when I hit them with the crow bar. There's only a dozen or so of these holes to dig, so I tell myself that they will all be finished by Christmas. In the hole is a very simple depth guide. I want to build a 40cm high wall so the holes need to be 40cm deep at least to take an 80cm post. Oh well, hopefully I will have a very manly 6 pack by the time all these holes get installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment